In 2006, the “Electrical Power Department” was inaugurated in I.A.E.T and it accepted 60 students to be the first joined in the department and they graduated in 2010 whose four of the student graduated with excellent with honor and three of them graduated with very good with honor. Regarding to the study in the department, it is four years after the Preparatory year. First year with the same subjects that taught in the Department of Communications and begin study of subjects from the second year until graduation that related to the department. It may be the studying of the material, which specializes in aviation systems such as electrical measurements, regulation, economics of air transport and aviation management. The best thing that distinguishes the Department that is a practical department as it contains a large number of laboratories equipped with the best equipment that serve the students of the department.
The Electrical power and machines Engineering Program aims to provide the future electrical engineers with appropriate theoretical knowledge and technical skills to respond to professional market demands and industrial field.
- Electrical projects departments in construction companies and construction.
- Aircraft maintenance and design of electrical systems for airports.
- Maintenance of equipment in hospitals and facilities economic.
- Electrical power generation and distribution and electricity transmission networks stations.
- Factories and planning institutions and technical bodies sections operating divisions.
- Ports and ships.
- Petroleum refineries, petroleum and chemical industries.
- Design lighting systems and electric power to homes and industrial facilities.
- Electrical appliance factories and transformers and electric motors as well as electric power generators.
- distribution boards and panels and operating control and protection equipment factories in electric power networks and industrial facilities
Characteristics of department engineer:
The graduates engineer have the ability and know-how to work in the aviation field as an avionics engineer, because they studying the aviation materials and receiving basic training course for aviation. In addition to its ability to work in factories and companies where the graduates to undergo practical training that qualifies them to be successful engineers.
- Electrical Power system.
- Utilization of electrical energy.
- High Voltage.
- Automatic Control.
- Electrical Machines.
- Power Electronics.
Our projects are an applications.